Welcome back to school from the Minnetonka Orchestra Boosters! As you have a son or daughter involved in Minnetonka High School Orchestra program we wanted to share with you the various work the Minnetonka Orchestra Boosters do for the programs and how you can get involved!
BECOME A MINNETONKA ORCHESTRA BOOSTERS MEMBER!
We encourage all families of MHS Orchestra to join! Your membership provides you an opportunity to support Minnetonka's outstanding, nationally recognized program by donating your time OR money to curb student expenses and create great opportunities for all students.
Membership forms and information are available online and payments can be mailed in or paid online at http://mtkaorchboosters.com/become-a-member. All donations are tax-deductible. (A membership form is attached).
Donate TIME: Become a member and volunteer your time! There are so many opportunities available; from assisting on concert night to attending a restaurant fundraising event to volunteering your time for our annual banquet. Even if you are unable to make a financial donation, your time is valued.
Donate MONEY: Become a member and make a financial contribution. If do not have time to volunteer, your donation will help ease the load of our timing-consuming fundraising events. Financial donations start at $25.
ORCHESTRA FUNDRAISING EVENTS
The Orchestra Boosters is off to a good start already with completing the Cub Foods Car Wash that was held on Saturday August 25th. With the help of all the parents & students that volunteered we were able to generate $547!
2018-2019 UPCOMING ORCHESTRA INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS
All profits go directly to the student for that individual fundraising event! The profits for that student are set aside for the student to use towards the various travel opportunities that are held. If a student does not travel in a particular year, the funds are held and added to as the student participates in additional individual fundraisers. At the time of travel, the funds in the students’ accounts credited towards their travel study expense to lower the expense for that particular student.
· Coupon App September 12-26th DONE—SUCCESS!
· Greenery & Wreath Sales September 27th- October 19th DONE— SUCCESS!
· Cookie Dough Sales October 30th-November 14th DONE—SUCCESS!
2018-19 UPCOMING ORCHESTRA GROUP FUNDRAISING EVENTS
All funds go directly to our Orchestra Boosters Organization to support the orchestra students in the ways that are most needed. Some of these expenses are school instruments or instrument repair, transportation for field trips, instrument rental for trips, end of year banquet, senior books & scholarships just to name a few! Please consider participating and/or volunteering for the remaining fundraisers this school year:
Cub Bagging Event
This is a group fundraiser and is an easy and fun way for both parents & students to get involved.
· Saturday December 15th at the Minnetonka Cub Foods
This is the easiest way to raise funds for Orchestra AND you don't have to cook!!!
Please plan on attending our restaurant fund raisers with your family and friends. Mark your calendars now.
Restaurants donate between 20-50% of sales proceeds to Orchestra Boosters.
· February 2019 (date to be announced) - Maynard's Restaurant in Excelsior, 4:00pm -Midnight.
· April 2019 (date to be announced) - Chipotle Minnetonka on Co. Rd. 101, 4:00-8:00pm.
Booster Table Fundraising Items at all Orchestra Concerts
Student “Concert Grams” are available for purchase at all MHS Orchestra Concerts at the Orchestra Boosters’ Table. It’s a great way to recognize your orchestra student! Send a candy treat, cookie OR flower and your special hand-written note.
Candy and cookie grams are distributed to your student with personal note the next day in Orchestra class
Last year we raised over $2,500 in concert grams. Please send your child a concert gram they love receiving them!
· Candy Grams: $5 large candy bar and note AND $1 bite-size candy bar and note
· Cookie Grams: $5 Assorted musical note cookies and note
· Fresh Flower Grams: $3 Roses in individual water tubes in assorted colors to give to your student the night of the concert.
Orchestra Group Photos
Orchestra Group photos will be available for purchase starting in November at our concert.
Photos include all 5 individual orchestra groups: Varsity, Concert, String, Chamber and Symphony. Photos will be available for purchase. If not in stock, place an order at the booster table and photos will be delivered to your student in class!
ORCHESTRA BOOSTERS BOARD AT WORK
The Orchestra Boosters Board of Directors and Board Members are committed to the following duties:
- Manage the Boosters table and fundraising items and assist the director at all concerts
- Facilitate and promote Booster Memberships and Local Business sponsorships
- Plan, coordinate and promote individual student and group fundraising events
- Forecast and manage the Boosters annual budget
- Help to promote MHS Orchestra in the community
- Facilitate communication between the orchestra students and families
- Assist orchestra directors with student scholarships, travel study trips and other orchestra activities
- Manage and update the Orchestra Boosters Website
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual Orchestra banquet
Local Business Donor Program - Please consider becoming a Local Business Sponsor
We launched our Local Business Donor Program last year and secured 16 local business sponsorships!! We are asking local businesses to support our orchestra with a cash donation. In recognition, we will provide a Minnetonka Orchestra Boosters Donor Recognition Certificate to be proudly displayed at the donor’s business to show support our local community and the Arts. In addition, the business logo will appear on orchestra concert programs, orchestra Superfan T-shirts, our website, and on a visual display at our Boosters table in the Arts Center lobby at each concert. If you are a local business and interested in donating now, a form is available on online at http://mtkaorchboosters.com/local-business-donors.
Orchestra Boosters needs help in these areas
· Website manager –keep our website up-to-date throughout the year. Square Space.
· Sign Up Genius manager- create and coordinate sign up genius needs throughout the year
· Annual Banquet volunteers needed in May – event planning and execution
Orchestra Boosters Board Meetings
All Board members, volunteers and orchestra parents are invited to our quarterly meetings. We also hold executive planning meetings and separate committee meetings as needed. Our meetings are fun, supportive, and very rewarding. We need new parent input and involvement. Please join us and meet our awesome group!
Our next meeting is Monday, January 7, 2019 at 7pm in the Arts Center Conference Room.
A calendar of all 2018-19 Orchestra Events, Concerts & Meetings is available on our website: www.mtkaorchboosters.com .
We have an exciting year ahead of us. We would love to see new parents take part in the Boosters on any level and help us reach our goal of 100% participation with your gift of time or money! With your support and generosity, we will continue to grow and foster an environment of musical excellence at MHS.
The Minnetonka Orchestra Boosters Board